Friday, December 19, 2008

2007 Glen Ellen Chardonnay

Busy! In the past 2 weeks I have turned in a corrected version of my thesis, graduated with my masters in Occupational Safety and Health, flew to Nashville to visit family, and tonight we even put an offer on a house. Not to mention my daily stuff like working, eating, and spending time with the hubby and dog.

Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and enjoy a nice glass of wine but Sunday night starts Chanukah and this week I was able to pull the cork on a bottle of 2007 Glen Ellen Chardonnay. I didn't take any pictures but there we go.

The color was very decieving. The bottle was a chartruse yellow so I was expecting a truly golden glass but instead it was a pale flax color. The nose was also incredibaly tight, I only smelt the grape. While on one hand it was nice to just smell the grape but I love the nose.

The taste was very light and bland. Maybe not bland but it just didn't have any strong flavors. It was a truly un-notable wine in the front, middle, and end palate. The aftertaste was a very nice linger. Brad and I both said this would be a great wine to bring to a party because it was close to $10 and for the really light flavor it would be good for people who aren't big into wine. I'd say 2.5 stars.

I know this was a short blog with really no huge direction but I am simply pooped. The house is a wreck and right now I'm envisioning colors to paint all the new rooms!

No comments: