Monday, January 12, 2009

2006 Hogue Pinot Grigio


This is the second Hogue wine I have tried and I must give it another sloppy "pbbbht" of disapproval. This makes me sad because its a Washington wine, the price is good, a lot of other people like it, and I like the label design.

Aesthetically, it is a very pleasing wine. The color is a very nice pale yellow, but something I noticed was a super weird foamy sheen thing- and yes I made sure my glass was clean thankyouverymuch:

So not quite sure what was up with that. It had a very low viscosity which was alright with me because I don't much care for thick dessert style wines.
The nose was almost non-existent. Again, that makes me sad.
The taste wasn't a taste as much as heartburn on the tongue. The acid was out of this world, drinking this was like drinking a fruity juicy burp, and the sensation lasted forever.
Cruelly enough, the best thing about this wine was pouring it down the drain.
A big fat 1 star of this one. Sorry folks.




No comments: